- It does not include the Plumtree Portal Server.
- The Emphasis is on Service oriented architecture
- Better support for Ajax and WSRP
- Standards-based portlet federation, based upon the WSRP standard, with support for syndication of portal books and pages, personalized delivery, performance optimization and service lifecycle governance.
- A new community framework, as part of portal business services that is designed to simplify portal membership, management, and end user production of community portals.
- Portal lifecycle management capabilities including the new release of BEA Workshop for WebLogic which provides an Eclipse-based development environment for Java, portal, Web, and service-oriented applications. Also, portal propagation is included to help simplify the IT management for moving portals through staging from development to production.
For more information visit Weblogic press release